The New Guardians of the Moons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The New Guardians of the Moons

Join the Adventure. . .

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Our WikiOur Wiki  

Chapter 1: Party Crashers

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Valthronis
Admin
Valthronis

Chapter 1: Party Crashers  - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Party Crashers    Chapter 1: Party Crashers  - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 7:18 pm

Flanaess Date: Readying 5, 579cy CY.
Weather: 47 degrees, temperature
Sky: Overcast
Precipitation: None
Time: 9:00 pm in the Evening
Sunrise: 6:52am
Sunset: 5:33pm

Camilla Silverkin:
Camilla looked up at the new comer and smiled.
“Yea, I’m drawin a pitchure of the maner, wanna see?”
The young girl pushed the picture over to Mona and smiled.
“Are you a friend of Uncle Magnus’s?” She smiled brightly at Mona.
Her eyes seemed to light up with her emerald green hair.
“Uncle Magnus said I was supposta stay up and wait for some’n to come and see me. Are you ta person he meant? Are you the one who is supposta ta see me?”
Camilla kept smiling
“He said it would be a special visit.”

Damien and Celine:

Damien shook his head,
“Apparently I have never been very good at the “personal” side of things.” Damien emphasized the word personal.
He stared at the floor then looked up,
“A fact Magnus likes pointing out from time to time.”
Damien shook his head and shrugged,
“Although since the matter doesn’t directly involve either Red Wolf, or Selene directly I would not presume to think that any particular way would be better than the other. I wouldn’t think that consideration of such details would be that important to them.”
Damien shrugged again and looked over at Celine, his continual lack of tact and empathy showing through as it always had in the past.

. . . Continued!
Selene grunted and stood there looking at Galfius with a mixed expression of irritation and displeasure.
“Well be that as it may, it seems we have pressing business in the common room, sounds like they are waiting for us.”
She wasted no more time and led Redwolf into the common room. The room was just down the hall and wasn’t too far away so it took a matter of seconds to find Celine, and Damien already waiting for them.
Selene nodded, looking from one to the other.
“Wow, the two of you look like someone just killed your puppy. What happened to you guys tonight?”

Selene entered the Spartan room and sat down on one of the plush lounge chairs with ease, taking Damien’s drink from his hand. It was a joke she continually played on him from time to time, one she knew frustrated the hell out of him, but it still made him smile anyway.
“ . . . Mmmmm” she smiled sipping the liquid “. . . scotch whiskey?”
Selene took another sip and looked at Damien
“65th?”

Damien stood up and growled taking the drink back and narrowed his eyes at her
“64rth. . ” he said snatching the drink back and sitting back down.
Back to top Go down
https://guardiancentral.darkbb.com
bookwormsub
Knight
bookwormsub

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Party Crashers    Chapter 1: Party Crashers  - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 7:25 pm

Dispite what has happened tonight, Mona smiled, "Yes I am a friend of Uncle Magnus's and I am that special visitor. That's a very good picture. Tell me, if you want to, do you know who your mother and father are?" Mona takes some extra paper and crayons and begins to draw a field of flowers while talking with Camilla.
Back to top Go down
Paladinred
Paladinred

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Party Crashers    Chapter 1: Party Crashers  - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 10:35 pm

Ookayyy here we go, "there has been a development tonight that has changed things quite dramatically Celine said as she still stared at the flames. She then looks to the two of them and says "Magnus dropped a bombshell tonight at the Lord Silverkin bash, it would seem that our friend took solace where he should not have and the result is Camilla".

Celine allowed that little gem to sink in then continued "the mother was not human", the worry started to show in her voice. "She was a demon in disguise and she wants Camilla back, she sent a fucking famine spirit after her". She stood up and stared into the fire again "it tore lord Silverkin to bits and some of the party guests, we got out with his daughter and Magnus was fighting that freaking thing from one of the nine hells for all he was worth. He is back and just fine, this demon will come again and we had better be prepared for more of the same.

Celine sips at her drink while the whole mess is absorbed by Selene and Redwolf, there will be hell to pay for killing a famine spirit. "Mona Silverkin is now meeting her sister in the library and she is gonna be fragile for a while so do not avoid her or make a bee-line for her just act normal yeah.

What ever normal was it will no longer be the same, once this fight gets going they will be hard pressed to fins a quiet moment.
Back to top Go down
REDWOLF
Squire
REDWOLF

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Party Crashers    Chapter 1: Party Crashers  - Page 5 EmptyTue Feb 12, 2013 1:27 pm

Red Wolf stood in the corner of the room with the other party members and drew a slow drag from a pipe that was old and well worn made from a boar tusk. " The holy warrior is dead and his only crime was proctectng his stripling then the course is clear to all of us assembled we guard the lass and send the she-spawn that killed silverkin back to niffelheim! " "The course of honor is the only way and i will fight and die by the Odinson if that is what is needed!"

Red Wolf knew the sting of being orphaned allthough it would never issue forth from his lips his was a path of vengance no matter the cost and to hell with the rules of so-called civilized men if something was a honorable fight he would be there axe and hammer ready.
Back to top Go down
Valthronis
Admin
Valthronis

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Party Crashers    Chapter 1: Party Crashers  - Page 5 EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 5:47 pm

Time: 9:00 pm in the Evening

Bookworm Sub:
Camilla looked up with a sad face and tried to force a smile.
“Uncle Magnus says my mother isn’t import tent, cus my daddy and him dun know who she is.”
She shrugged a little,
“He says that my daddy has me stay here on account that I need to be safe or somthin.”

Camilla looked up at her and smiled.
“Do you know my daddy?”

Redwolf, Paladinred:
Selene took a moment then tilted her head looking over at Redwolf, then back to the others.
“Really?” she said after a moment’s hesitation.
Selene was never a big fan of having the kids stay at the manor, it wasn’t that she didn’t like the kids, she simply felt that with as much as was going on, they were a liability. It was a fact she had voiced several times.
“You’re telling me now that one of the kids that Magnus has taken in is what exactly?”
Selene looked up at Damien hoping he would offer some sort of response but when one didn’t come she shook her head again.
“So what’s the plan?” she said after a few more moments. “We just sit here and hope someone doesn’t come beating down our door because were holding a beacon for trouble now?”
Back to top Go down
bookwormsub
Knight
bookwormsub

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Party Crashers    Chapter 1: Party Crashers  - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 11:10 am

Mona couldn't help but smile at the girl, "Yes, I know your daddy, Camilla. I have a surprise for you too. I hope you like it. You see your daddy is my daddy too. Do you know what that makes us?" Mona put the finishing touches on her picture...a really poor drawing of herself and Camilla holding hands.
Back to top Go down
Paladinred
Paladinred

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Party Crashers    Chapter 1: Party Crashers  - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 11:37 am

"We will receive our orders in due course, I am sure Magnus will have something in mind".

Celine continues to stare into the fire, the whole affair has gotten to her. The loss of a good paladin and innocent people was not something that she could shrug away, all her life she had fought evil and what now gave her comfort was that she could fight evil for ever.
Back to top Go down
Valthronis
Admin
Valthronis

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Party Crashers    Chapter 1: Party Crashers  - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 11:39 am

Time: 9:05 pm in the Evening

OCC:To all players: I am making a slight change in my plans. Please just follow along as it goes.

Magnus was standing in the doorway watching Mona; a smile played on his lips as he watched the two of them together.
“How are the two of you getting along?” he asked after a moment breaking the silence.

Camilla looked up and ran over to Magnus hugging him tightly.
“Uncle Magnus!”
She wrapped her little arms around his legs and didn’t let go.
“Is it true? Is Ms. Mona really my big sister?”

Magnus nodded and smiled.
“Yes,” he said after a moment’s hesitation “She is. . .”
He looked up passed Mona and took a deep breath.
“Mona, my dear.” He smiled and stepped out of the doorway “I have something I need to tell you.”
His eyes stared at the floor and he took a long moment before he continued.
“I didn’t want to say anything at first; because I wasn’t sure I could do it. . .”
Magnus smiled again
“. . . but”

As Magnus stepped aside, a dark figure entered the doorway slowly, his shining armor shown in the dim light of the ever burning torches of the Library. His short hair and ragged face looked up as he smiled and took a deep breath.
“Hello Mona. . . .”
There standing in the doorway was Lord SIlverkin, Mona’s Father!
Back to top Go down
bookwormsub
Knight
bookwormsub

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Party Crashers    Chapter 1: Party Crashers  - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 11:49 am

"Daddy!!" Mona squeeled his name and practically tackled him as she threw her arms around him and kissed his cheek. She hugged him again, so tightly she might have dented his armor. "Oh, daddy I'm so glad you're back!" Fresh tears flowed down her face and for a long time she didn't let go, but eventually she realized where she was and pulled away. "Camilla, this is your daddy," Mona held out her hand for the girl and gave her a big smile. She held her father's hand with her other one.
Back to top Go down
REDWOLF
Squire
REDWOLF

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Party Crashers    Chapter 1: Party Crashers  - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 12:08 pm

Red Wolf was astonished to see the lord of the manor alive and well ."We will still have to avenge you holy warrior!" and Red-Stripe Fang a beacon works as well to blind and burn our enemies to death." " So let them come and they will solve the riddle of steel much to their despair!"
Back to top Go down
Valthronis
Admin
Valthronis

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Party Crashers    Chapter 1: Party Crashers  - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 1:36 pm

Time: 9:07 pm in the Evening

OCC: I’m going to wrap up the scene with Mona and Magnus over the course of the day, then advance the thread as it needs to be. Please be patient as bookworm and I role play this out.

Magnus smiled at Mona and picked up Camilla in his arms. Camilla’s smile matched that of her dads with equaled intensity.
“Daddy?” she squealed
Magnus nodded in response to Camilla question.
“Yes Camilla, this is your daddy!”

Silverkin returned his daughters hug and smiled.
“Sorry about the scare my dear, but Magnus is partially a cleric, so he was able to grant me a new lease on life.”
He eyed his daughter carefully and took a deep breath.
“I promise by Pelor himself, I won’t ever leave you again.”

Magnus interjected and looked around the room, hesitating for a second.
“As of right now, the two of you are going to have to stay here. As far as everyone else is concerned, Lord Silverkin died tonight in his home. I think its best if we leave it that way until we can find out exactly what’s going on and with whom.”

Camilla jumped out of Magnus’s arms and in turn ran over to the man who had been introduced as her father.
“If your my daddy,” she said quietly, “Can I . . .” She paused and then approached with caution, wanting to hug him.

Silverkin smiled and knelt down picking up his daughter,
“Of course my dear, I will be here for you, now and forever, for both of you.”
He hugged his small daughter and then looked at Mona and smiled.
Back to top Go down
bookwormsub
Knight
bookwormsub

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Party Crashers    Chapter 1: Party Crashers  - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 1:43 pm

Mona pulled her father into the library and sat down next to him at the table she and Camilla were just drawing at. "Daddy, I understand that we need to stay here, but what about Carl? Can I see him again? I just accepted his offer of marriage. Will we ever be able to go back home?" It was plain, looking into Mona's eyes, that she was lost and confused and scared about all that she didn't know and the uncertainty of the days to come.
Back to top Go down
Valthronis
Admin
Valthronis

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Party Crashers    Chapter 1: Party Crashers  - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 2:23 pm

Time: 9:10 pm in the Evening

Magnus took a small step forward and looked somewhat dismayed at the prospect of having to overhear what was surely a family matter between Mona and her father. So he started to step out when Crunerios called after him.
“No Magnus you stay, I want you here. If only for your input.”
Crunerios took a deep breath and looked at his daughter.
“For now, that will have to be put on hold. Not only is it important that no one really know where you are, but in order for us to be safe, its vitally important that for now we disappear. Carl thinks I’m dead, I’ve also learned through other sources that he now believes Magnus is responsible for my death and your kidnapping. He is on a vendetta and out to get Magnus at all costs. This will surely draw undo attention to us, should we openly go public and announce ourselves.”
Silverkin stared at the ground for a moment.
“I’m sorry this is happening to you, I know how much you want to get on with your life, but your safety and Camilla’s safety is the most important thing right now. I think Carl can wait until we get some of this straightened out.”
Silverkin took another deep breath.
“I have also been thinking long and hard about that situation as well. I’m not sure that Carl is a good choice for you either. In the end it is your call, but I want you to consider something as you think it over.”
Crunerios frowned
“Tonight, Carl showed his true colors, and they weren’t all that pretty.”
Back to top Go down
bookwormsub
Knight
bookwormsub

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Party Crashers    Chapter 1: Party Crashers  - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 2:31 pm

Mona looked puzzled, "His true colors? He was shocked and confused and scared as we all were. He was only trying to protect me, daddy. He didn't know Magnus was trying to help us all. Unfortunately, with Carl seeing Magnus'...true nature...I'm sure that didn't help." She takes a deep breath, looks at Camilla and nods, "but I agree with you about disappearing. I just wish I could get Carl to understand." She sighs but doesn't say anything more.
Back to top Go down
Valthronis
Admin
Valthronis

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Party Crashers    Chapter 1: Party Crashers  - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 2:50 pm

Time: 9:11 pm in the Evening

Crunerios took a deep breath and let it out slowly, he looked at Magnus for help who simply shook his head no.
“Mona my dear,” Her father place a hand on her leg and tried to be as nice as he could. “He’s a coward.”

Magnus raised an eyebrow,
“Way to break it softly there Crunerios”
Silverkin shot a look to Magnus who in turn just looked away
“Sorry. . .” Magnus shut up instantly.

Silverkin just shook his head
“I’m sorry Mona, but as we were making our way out, Carl was hiding behind you, he was scared as we all were, but he hid behind you instead of trying to defend you. I’m not sure I can give a blessing to a man who won’t defend the honor and life of his wife.”
Back to top Go down
bookwormsub
Knight
bookwormsub

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Party Crashers    Chapter 1: Party Crashers  - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 2:58 pm

"Daddy, no..." Mona began to say, but faltered and fell silent. Her forehead creased as she remembered what occured just a few hours ago. She closed her eyes, as tears fell for her best friend. Then she remembered how they ran from their home, Carl close behind but not once offering to fight the monster while they made their escape. But that was one hell of a monster. Anyone would turn coward when seeing that. But then again.... She shook her head, "I suppose...." was all she said.
Back to top Go down
Valthronis
Admin
Valthronis

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Party Crashers    Chapter 1: Party Crashers  - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 3:15 pm

Time: 9:11 pm in the Evening

Magnus stood up and looked at the shelves of books, he eyed them carefully and walked over to one of the many shelves and ran his fingers across several volumes before finding what he was looking for.
“Here it is. . .” he said quietly as he caught Crunerios staring at him in earnest.
Magnus opened the book to what seemed to be a random page and began reading the passage to Mona.

“ROSES, their sharp spines being gone,
Not royal in their smells alone,
But in their hue;
Maiden pinks, of odour faint,
Daisies smell-less, yet most quaint,
And sweet thyme true;

Primrose, firstborn child of Ver;
Merry springtime's harbinger,
With her bells dim;
Oxlips in their cradles growing,
Marigolds on death-beds blowing,
Larks'-heels trim;

All dear Nature's children sweet
Lie 'fore bride and bridegroom's feet,
Blessing their sense!
Not an angel of the air,
Bird melodious or bird fair,
Be absent hence!

The crow, the slanderous cuckoo, nor
The boding raven, nor chough hoar,
Nor chattering pye,
May on our bride-house perch or sing,
Or with them any discord bring,
But from it fly!”

OCC note: Poetry by William Shakespere

Magnus closed the book and handed it to Mona with a smile.
“Read this, I think you’ll find the meaning of true love in it, what it means and what it should be.”
Back to top Go down
bookwormsub
Knight
bookwormsub

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Party Crashers    Chapter 1: Party Crashers  - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 3:20 pm

Mona took the book as if it was a priceless treasure. "Thank you," she whispered. "For everything. And I will read the book." She took Magnus' hand and squeezed it then released it. She looked at her father and Camilla and smiled, "A lot has happened tonight and I am getting very tired. Is there anything else that can't wait until morning?" She patiently waits for an answer and will stay up if needed, but otherwise will go to her room, undress and quickly fall asleep.
Back to top Go down
Paladinred
Paladinred

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Party Crashers    Chapter 1: Party Crashers  - Page 5 EmptySat Feb 23, 2013 5:34 am

Celine wanted the day to end and for all this to be a nightmare, as a cleric she was often the one people sought comfort with in times like this. She had to be strong and keep a clear head, Magnus had taught her that from the word go.

She decided to to go to bed to get the rest she needed to remain strong, her need for rest was not what it had used to be. The magical ring sustained her and reduced her dependance on food, drink and sleep, so what was no more than a nap to most people was a nights rest for her.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Party Crashers    Chapter 1: Party Crashers  - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Chapter 1: Party Crashers
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5