The New Guardians of the Moons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The New Guardians of the Moons

Join the Adventure. . .

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Our WikiOur Wiki  

The Inn and Bar: Random Chatter

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Paladinred
Paladinred

The Inn and Bar: Random Chatter - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Inn and Bar: Random Chatter   The Inn and Bar: Random Chatter - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 21, 2013 2:54 am

"What did he do to prevent you from leaving, there are powerful magical spells that can overcome the terrible bond he seems to have over you". Tilly looks at Adora with a knowing smile, she is sure that no matter what this Lord Nicholas had done she could overcome it.
Back to top Go down
bookwormsub
Knight
bookwormsub

PostSubject: Re: The Inn and Bar: Random Chatter   The Inn and Bar: Random Chatter - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 21, 2013 4:50 am

Adora chuckled, but it wasn't a happy sound. "We have a permanent mental link and..." she pauses here and takes a deep breath, "I am poisoned. It is very very rare and he has the only antidote. But even that is temporary. I have to keep taking the antidote every 3 days or I will be in excruciating pain and I will eventually die." She holds up her hands to prevent the next statement that she knows Tilly will make, "And yes, I have tried every poison master and herbalist I come across for years now, looking for a cure, and they all tell me the same."
Back to top Go down
Paladinred
Paladinred

PostSubject: Re: The Inn and Bar: Random Chatter   The Inn and Bar: Random Chatter - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 21, 2013 12:17 pm

"You are going about it the wrong way, seek out a high level wizard or sorcerer and ask them to cast a spell called Wish, that will sort out the poison and another will get rid of the link. The spells would cost a packet but what price is freedom, I have contacts that could do this for you, just say the word".
Back to top Go down
bookwormsub
Knight
bookwormsub

PostSubject: Re: The Inn and Bar: Random Chatter   The Inn and Bar: Random Chatter - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 21, 2013 12:51 pm

Adora shakes her head, "What is the point of freedom if I have to always be looking over my shoulder and never feel safe? To be hunted the rest of my days is not how I want to spend my freedom." She waves her hand in dismissal, "Thanks but no."
Back to top Go down
Paladinred
Paladinred

PostSubject: Re: The Inn and Bar: Random Chatter   The Inn and Bar: Random Chatter - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 5:12 am

"How would you be looking over your shoulder? the link to your father would be broken so he would not know where you have gone. The assasins he thinks are under his control will not be able to be swayed, they are under a powerful spell which I doubt your father will be able to detect. He may be powerful but he is not the only one who knows magical secrets, if you decide to live your life in servitude then I will not try to dissuade you but you need to know what I can offer you is real".

Tilly sits back and allows the information to sink in, she knows that hope may no longer be alive inside this slave but she needs to know that there are people out there that can and will help her.
Back to top Go down
bookwormsub
Knight
bookwormsub

PostSubject: Re: The Inn and Bar: Random Chatter   The Inn and Bar: Random Chatter - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 10:13 am

"He will always be searching for me." Adora shakes her head, her frown deepening. Just then the tavern door opens again and a woman dressed in chainmail comes walking in, a confused look on her face. She is tall for a woman, about 5'10 with short blond hair and a longsword at her side. She wears an amulet around her neck (St Cuthbert) and her shield is on her back. She closes the door and looks around, her gaze quickly falling on Adora and her eyes narrow. She draws her sword, points it at Adora and storms up to their table. "Adora, you will come with me now!"

Adora smiles and sits back in her chair, "Mille. How are you? Would you care to join us? I'm sure..."

Mille interrupts, "Stop it, Adora! You will not distract me again and you will not get away this time."

"What will you do, Mille? Drag me out of here?"

"If I have to, yes. You will appear before the Council and answer for your crimes."

Adora sighs, "That's fascinating and all, but I suggest you read the sign on the wall first." Adora points and waits.

Millle moves so that she can read the sign and keep an eye on Adora simultaneously. She reads the rules of the tavern 3 times, frowning more each time. Finally she puts her sword away. "Fine. I can wait until you leave." Mille sits down at the table directly across from Adora. A serving girl comes over and both Mille and Adora order food. The tension around the table is thick, but Adora is trying to look relaxed and calm.
Back to top Go down
Paladinred
Paladinred

PostSubject: Re: The Inn and Bar: Random Chatter   The Inn and Bar: Random Chatter - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 10:44 am

Tilly looks at Adora and asks "a close friend I see, what were the crimes she speaks off".

Back to top Go down
bookwormsub
Knight
bookwormsub

PostSubject: Re: The Inn and Bar: Random Chatter   The Inn and Bar: Random Chatter - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 11:04 am

Adora laughs, "Oh yes. Mille and I go way back." She looks at Mille, "Let's see if I can remember them all." She pauses to think, "Well, there was the assassination of Prince Cambion, the theft of the jewels from mayor Jesse, the kidnapping of Duke Namier's son, the poisoning of Princess Karra." Adora smiles, "Have I forgotten anything?"

"Only about a hundred more! What about those jobs you committed while working with Michael?"

"Ah yes, the leader of the Thieves Guild. Those were fun."

Mille jumped to her feet, "Fun?! You have killed and stolen your way to the highest bounty in the land and all you can say is, it was fun?! Are you not sorry for them at all???"

Adora looked shocked, but a smile is tugging at her lips, "Mille, please. There is no need for such displays. Besides, we have gone through this before."

Mille sits down again, though unwillingly.
Back to top Go down
Paladinred
Paladinred

PostSubject: Re: The Inn and Bar: Random Chatter   The Inn and Bar: Random Chatter - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 7:07 pm

"That is a lot of err......crimes, did you really commit them, willingly that is". Tilly guessed that Adora was under amongst other things a geas, possibly a powerful geas that forces her to commit the crimes or else.
Back to top Go down
bookwormsub
Knight
bookwormsub

PostSubject: Re: The Inn and Bar: Random Chatter   The Inn and Bar: Random Chatter - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 9:53 pm

"Oh sure, it was willingly. I wanted to avoid being denied my antidote, being raped, whipped and other punishments."

Mille snorts, "Nonsense! You did all those on your own."

Adora's sigh sounds tired, "Mille, despite what you may think, I am a slave and I was ordered by my father to commit all the crimes I did."

"That slave excuse won't work with me, Adora. That is just a ploy you've made up to garner sympathy."

Adora shakes her head, "Whatever, Mille. Believe what you will."
Back to top Go down
Paladinred
Paladinred

PostSubject: Re: The Inn and Bar: Random Chatter   The Inn and Bar: Random Chatter - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 23, 2013 3:54 am

Tilly now turns to Mille "hey are you aware of anything that happens around you, I am a slaver hunter, that is I hunt those that would enslave others for their own use. I am aware that this girl is a slave as her owner is one of my targets, a certain Lord Nicholas who in my book is public enemy number one".

Tilly watches Mille for a reaction and will follow up with accounts of what the slaver has done, that may take a long time.
Back to top Go down
bookwormsub
Knight
bookwormsub

PostSubject: Re: The Inn and Bar: Random Chatter   The Inn and Bar: Random Chatter - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 23, 2013 8:33 am

"Ha!" Mille says, "Lord Nicholas is her father. You can't tell me her own father has enslaved her?" She shakes her head, "Not likely. He might be aware of her crimes and he might even approve of them, but enslave his own daughter? I can't believe that. Why would he?"

Adora only rolls her eyes but doesn't say anything.
Back to top Go down
Paladinred
Paladinred

PostSubject: Re: The Inn and Bar: Random Chatter   The Inn and Bar: Random Chatter - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 23, 2013 9:30 am

"Because of her power, why else"?

"He wouldn't be the first to enslave his children, there are many that have pimped their daughters or sons for that matter. This world is cruel and you need to open your eyes to the pain and suffering around you, men and women can be evil to the core end off".

With that Tilly turns back to Adora, "if I can free you I will, if you want to talk at any time leave me a message here and will contact you".
Back to top Go down
bookwormsub
Knight
bookwormsub

PostSubject: Re: The Inn and Bar: Random Chatter   The Inn and Bar: Random Chatter - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 23, 2013 3:24 pm

Adora shook her head, "Don't hold your breath. I'll probably be heavily reminded that there is no escape for me when I get back home."

Mille glared at Tilly, "Are you saying Adora is innocent? She still committed the crimes, under orders or not - if that can be proved. If it was under orders, she should have told him no, come hell or high water."

Adora snorted, opened her mouth, then shut it again, simply shaking her head.
Back to top Go down
Paladinred
Paladinred

PostSubject: Re: The Inn and Bar: Random Chatter   The Inn and Bar: Random Chatter - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 24, 2013 10:28 am

"do you know what a geas is Mille? If you do you will know that what you just sais was tripe, if you do not speake to a wizard or sorcerer and they will tell you".
Back to top Go down
bookwormsub
Knight
bookwormsub

PostSubject: Re: The Inn and Bar: Random Chatter   The Inn and Bar: Random Chatter - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 24, 2013 12:45 pm

Adora shook her head, answering before Mille could. "I am not under a geas, but I might as well be. He wouldn't waste his magic on me when his poison is enough. Tell me, Tilly, has there ever been a slave whom you just couldn't save?"
Back to top Go down
Paladinred
Paladinred

PostSubject: Re: The Inn and Bar: Random Chatter   The Inn and Bar: Random Chatter - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 2:52 am

"NO, when I get my hooks into a slaver they become history. I will not let this go, if you want your freedom come with me and I can take you to a man who can perform the spell I mentioned. There has been many slaves that have not been saved but that was their choice, some slaves accept their way of life and fear freedom becaust they have never known it".

Tilly says to Adora "where you would go is upto you after but where I will take you no-one can follow, no-one can hurt you and you could live your life out in peace if that is what you want".
Back to top Go down
bookwormsub
Knight
bookwormsub

PostSubject: Re: The Inn and Bar: Random Chatter   The Inn and Bar: Random Chatter - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 8:07 pm

Adora merely shakes her head and finishes her drink, then leans back in her chair, putting her feet up on the table. Mille sits back in her chair, silently munching on her bread, but she is obviously not relaxed. Adora, after a few moments of tense silence, sighs and says, "Since we're going to be waiting here for unknown how long, might at well entertain ourselves. Do either of you know how to play Three Dragon Ante?"
Back to top Go down
Paladinred
Paladinred

PostSubject: Re: The Inn and Bar: Random Chatter   The Inn and Bar: Random Chatter - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 11, 2013 7:36 am

Tilly says "No, I have not" she says. Just the a guy walks into the room, he is tall and thin. He wears a dull robe and carries no weapons, he aproaches Tilly and takes out a small amulet. He places the amulet on the table and Tilly gives a wry smile, "it was not a big problem mistress, the crew are mopping up now and the freed are being taken care of".

The guy walks back through the door and Tilly's smile spreads to a grin, "this was a big operation which involved a necromancer and a tower. He has now been stopped and the people freed", Tilly pocketed the amulet and then rises ! I am going now but if you wish to get a message to me then just leave it with the barman".
Back to top Go down
bookwormsub
Knight
bookwormsub

PostSubject: Re: The Inn and Bar: Random Chatter   The Inn and Bar: Random Chatter - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 8:47 am

Adora shrugs, not the least interested and asks the barmaid for a pack of Three Dragon Ante cards. She sits there and shuffles the deck while Tilly leaves the bar. "Care to join me in a game of gambling Mille? Don't worry, a bit of gambling won't hurt you." Mille narrows her eyes at Adora, but doesn't say anything. Adora chuckles, "If it makes you feel any better, you'll get your share back when we finish playing." Mille sighs, then puts up 50 gold worth of coins on the table, "That sounds like a deal." Adora does the same and smiles her crooked smile, "Do you know how to play, Mille?" Mille smiled tightly back at her, "I've seen it played before. I'm a quick study. Don't worry about me." Adora shrugged and dealt the cards.
Back to top Go down
Paladinred
Paladinred

PostSubject: Re: The Inn and Bar: Random Chatter   The Inn and Bar: Random Chatter - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 9:37 am

As Adora plays her game another female enters the bar, she is slim, of medium build and has Black hair and Green eyes. She carries a wicked looking Falchion. Sitting on her shoulder is an Imp, the woman takes a seat accross from Adora and looks to the barman who walks over to her and she gives him an order. Once he has brought her food and drink you notice she has a wry smile which is constant on her face, she glances over to Adora but a male suddenly comes from behind Adora and sits down blocking most of Adora's view. He starts to talk but suddenly stops and rises to his feet, he backs of with a look of dred on his face.

With the man gone to cower in the corner, she continues to stare towards Adora with this sexy smile on her face. She continues to eat her food and feeds the imp titbits, once she has finnished her food she slowly rises and walks over to Adora "may I join you, my name is Weena".
Back to top Go down
bookwormsub
Knight
bookwormsub

PostSubject: Re: The Inn and Bar: Random Chatter   The Inn and Bar: Random Chatter - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 9:52 am

Adora shrugs, "I don't care. Sit down." She deals in Weena, "I'm Adora and this is Mille. She's a cleric of St Cuthbert." Mille looks hard at Weena, "Greetings. Where do you hail from?" Mille doesn't smile at Weena, but doesn't frown at her either. She seems to be measuring her and holding judgment....for now. Adora pipes up again, "That was an interesting trick with that guy. What'd you do?"
Back to top Go down
Paladinred
Paladinred

PostSubject: Re: The Inn and Bar: Random Chatter   The Inn and Bar: Random Chatter - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 1:15 pm

"I have some talent with magic and some..............other abilities" she says as she looks at the cards, Millie feels uncomfortable around Weena, there is definately an aura that is not good. "What game is this, I am not sure that I know it" she says. (Millie would feel very uncomfortable around Weena).
Back to top Go down
bookwormsub
Knight
bookwormsub

PostSubject: Re: The Inn and Bar: Random Chatter   The Inn and Bar: Random Chatter - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 1:23 pm

Mille puts down her cards, frowning at Weena, "You still haven't answered my question. There is something not right about you, but I can't put my finger on it. What are you?" Adora has unconsciously shrank back in her chair and stares at her coins while waiting for Weena's answer.
Back to top Go down
Paladinred
Paladinred

PostSubject: Re: The Inn and Bar: Random Chatter   The Inn and Bar: Random Chatter - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 2:01 pm

"What am I, I am a human female my dear, why what did you think I was". Weena still had that "knowing" smile, she continues to look at her cards "I have extensive experience with undead, if that helps".
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Inn and Bar: Random Chatter   The Inn and Bar: Random Chatter - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Inn and Bar: Random Chatter
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The New Guardians of the Moons  :: The Tavern :: Common Room and Bar-
Jump to: