The New Guardians of the Moons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The New Guardians of the Moons

Join the Adventure. . .

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Our WikiOur Wiki  

Chapter 3: The Long Journey Home

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Valthronis
Admin
Valthronis

Chapter 3: The Long Journey Home  Empty
PostSubject: Chapter 3: The Long Journey Home    Chapter 3: The Long Journey Home  EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 2:39 pm

Main Banquet Hall Mordent Mansion:
Chapter 3: The Long Journey Home  Cardiff-castle-medieval-banqueting-hall-580x385

When the time finally came for the group to meet, Damien was the first to arrive in the Grand Banquet Hall of the Mansion (Area #6 on the map). When he got there, Magnus was in fact already there as well. However It didn’t take long before Camilla, and Angelica arrived as tow, finally followed by Celine (Paladinred), and Redwolf as well. The only one missing from the group being Mona herself. As everyone entered the room Magnus cleared his throat to speak to all of them.

It didn’t go without notice that several servants had entered the room as well, including the butler and maid. Along with several others that most had never seen before.
“My friends,” Magnus smiled broadly it was the first time in a long time many of them had seen Magnus smile.  “It goes without saying that you all know I have recently chosen Mona as my wife. While I admit the formal ceremony still needs to take place, the vows themselves before Evening Glory herself have already been taken, so there can be no doubt, Mona is in fact now my wife. None of this is news to you.”
Magnus slowly walked over to the grand stairs where Angelica followed him, taking his right side. Angelica already decked out in her platemail armor looking more like a guard than she may have intended.
“But there is something very few of you know, a secret I have been keeping for quite some time that I feel needs to come out into the open, and something Angelica has convinced me to share with all of you.”
Magnus looked over at Angelica who simply nodded her head as if she was prodding him on.
“I’m not sure how to say this without it sounding trite, so I will say it and hope you don’t take it in that regard, and trust me when I say I had my reason for what I did, and forgive my deception in these matters.”
Angelica raised an eyebrow at his stalling and shook her head.
“The line of Mordent, that is to say my family line, is a royal line that spans back nearly 10,000 years, on a land that is reached by sailing a great distance across Orerth."
Magnus shifted in his stance and stared at the ground,
“Over the years this fact alone has garnered me certain, shall we call them. . . Benefits? It is within certain circles among the nobility of the Flanesse and surrounding areas; and Its how I have been able to gain so much so quickly.”
Angelica seemed to smile smugly.
“My official title has always been ‘High Patriarch Lord Prince Magnus Azreil Mordent; protector of the people of Viserya’ and without going into too much detail about the how, when, where and why of all of this. . . it has come with certain benefits that I have used over the years to accomplish many of our goals. In the past I have kept this a secret solely because I didn’t think it important, and it’s a fact I was never really keen to release to everyone, for my own reasons. Needless to say my people and my homeland have been suffering under the thumb of my farther for many years. It is something i have come to realize I need to do something about."
Magnus stepped forward and looked at the group,
“It is my intention; and to those of you who wish to join me may do so, to return. From here on out, I intend to devote my time to reclaiming my homeland, and my people. If you wish to join me on this mission you may do so, and I will accept your help willingly and gratefully. However if you feel I have in some way betrayed your trust, then I give you my thanks for your many years of service and release from whatever duty you felt honor bound to. However it has been made clear to me through certain friends that I must return.”

Magnus glanced up at the stairs and then took a deep breath, there was a long pause as he gathered his thoughts.
“However In that vein of thought, i will be returning to my homeland." Magnus cleared his throat. for a moment and lifted an eyebrow.
"I should also make everyone aware that this decision has not come lightly and without other considerations as well. Through many of my contacts i have learned that the Scarlet Brotherhood's reach has grown long and extended all the way to the lands of Elandaria."
Magnus stroked his chin and shook his chin and took a deep long exaggerated breath.
In that moment Mona stepped forward out of the hallway and onto the top of the stairs, where she stood in all of her elegance.
“I have decided to reveal this information now, because it is my belief that Mona, as my wife, can serve as an important diplomat in areas that I would not be able to due to my very nature. I also believe for my own reasons this makes many other things possible I was not aware of until now.”
The main servant took her queue in that moment and stepped forward as Magnus fell silent.
“Ladies and Gentleman, presenting . . .” The maid looked up and smiled “. . . Her Noble Grace the Matriarch Princess Mona Magnus Mordent, advocate of the people of Viserya.”

As Mona stepped onto the first step it became perfectly clear to everyone in the room, that Mona fit the part of a princess well. Her beauty radiated through the room, and her very presence seemed to give off a supernatural sense of ease, as if she was capable of bringing warring nations to peaces merely by her presence alone; as if she could be trusted by almost anyone and anything. Her white dress flowing off her in a classic Royal fashion, the crown on her head signifying her position of Royalty among Magnus’s people. . .

The Dress Mona is wearing:

Chapter 3: The Long Journey Home  MonaDress12

Mona’s crown:
Chapter 3: The Long Journey Home  Crown

Last edited by Valthronis on Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:10 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://guardiancentral.darkbb.com
Paladinred
Paladinred

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: The Long Journey Home    Chapter 3: The Long Journey Home  EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 3:53 pm

As the crowds gathered Celine had changed into traveling clothes, she had packed her gear and was ready to set off. Mordent started his speach and she felt that there was a bombshell on it's way, then it came. He was troubled and it showed, well at least to her, then Mona stood at the top of the stairs. She looked breathtaking, not like a bride but like a pricess bride. It was like a fairy tale and she was just granted a wish, as she came down Celine did the respectful thing fo bowing to her. A quick reminder in the ribs and Damien did the same, a change of plans did not alter Celine's feelings as she would pay Mona the utmost respect. Mona was more of a friend and even now she was royalty things hopefully would not change, she smiled at her as she walked past just to show her she aproved.
Back to top Go down
REDWOLF
Squire
REDWOLF

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: The Long Journey Home    Chapter 3: The Long Journey Home  EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 7:09 pm

Redwolf thought Mona looked stunning, in her radience she looked like a valykerie or a goddess a fitting bride for Magnus the knight-Walker . he was woolgathering in his mind the word his father used when ever he brooded before a battle or felt the unkown tommorow overtake him he walked out of the room with haste to double check the supplies and weapons for their journey but mostly he did not want any one to see the tears on his cheek not of sadness but of wistful happiness for the couple because he knew love was not his path but one of war and vengence against evil and slavery he thought that over the years he might have sired a few bastards across the flaness he hoped tonight that they were safe and that at least loved and fed very seldom did he feel the crush of being
an orphan but in the happiness of a wedding he felt it all too much and hoped no one saw him slip out.
Back to top Go down
bookwormsub
Knight
bookwormsub

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: The Long Journey Home    Chapter 3: The Long Journey Home  EmptyTue Aug 20, 2013 8:26 pm

Mona stood at the top of the stairs, her heart pounding and her eyes wide, but with a smile on her lips. She was used to expensive clothes while she was growing up, but to actually be royalty - or at least married to it - was a huge step forward. Then to realize his line goes back 10,000 years made her pale and almost faint. She rested her hand lightly on the bannister as her blood came back to her face. She slowly made her way down the stairs, smiling at her friends and acknowledging their bows. Her eyes searched the crowd for her sister and when she found her, tried to motion for her while Mona went to Magnus' left side and rested her hand on his arm. What was expected of her - that she knew about - made her dizzy and overwhelmed, but what really scared her was what was expected of her that she didn't know about.
Back to top Go down
Valthronis
Admin
Valthronis

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: The Long Journey Home    Chapter 3: The Long Journey Home  EmptyTue Apr 22, 2014 6:02 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER NOTES TO FOLLOW THE DM's NOTES:

To further the campaign and to move things along, i am making several changes to the game. Please see the following entries below. As soon as i am done posting these changes i will make an In Character Post to follow from there.

Magnus is considered a 'vamparan' not a vampire, see below for details.

The Vamparan; History and Background
Rogar was a powerful wizard that lived thousands of years ago. It took all of his will watch, his little girl of 5 years old slip into unconsciousness. His eyes watered as he knew his only daughter and last remaining family member was going to die. He had tried desperately for many months to find a cure to her disease, to find a way to cure her but everything had failed and now he stood here in her final hours helpless to do anything for her.
But even as Rogar watched a glimmer of hope sprang to life within him. An idea so radical it was his last hope. It was in the last hours of her life that he decided he simply couldn't live without her. Finally he spent the next two hours preparing the spell that would, in his hope, save his daughter from certain death. When his preparations were complete he took a deep breath and walked into the pentagram he had drawn around his precious daughter. Pulling out a small vial of vampire blood he poured it down her throat. Tears streaming down his face as he did so. His last hope to save her, knowing if it didn’t work he would need to be the instrument of her death.
Finally Rogar took a long deep exaggerated breath, and stepped outside the pentagram. Even as he began casting the intricate spell he had developed, he knew what he was doing was wrong but somehow he couldn’t stop himself.
And so the Vamparan Race was born. . .

The Vamparan Template
The Vamparan is a unique race born of the vampire essence, however unlike vampires, a Vamparan is a living breathing creature.  Vamparan’s maintain much of the same abilities and weaknesses of their undead kin, however unlike a regular Vampire, a Vamparan is still very much alive.
Vamparans can be created by other vamparan’s in the same way a vampire spawn is created. However unlike Vampires, a vamparan can mate with one of its own and give birth to a vamparan child. These children are referred to as “True Bloods” and in the society of the Vamparan, only truebloods can rule, and truebloods are the ones that truly hold any true power. While a Vamparan Spawn is more common among the society (and true bloods are the most rare); the ruling line of Vamparans is made up of nothing but True Bloods (as that is all that is allowed). Non-Truebloods (Spawn) and humans are forbidden inside the family line. Human’s inside the Vamparan Society serve two roles. While the lower class humans are kept as slaves, a few select groups of human’s have managed some freedom over the years; however these humans are still second class citizens. In addition (and although many have tried), a half-vamparan child has never been born and more recently the attempts have been outlawed by the king. It is possible for a true blood Vamparan and a spawn to give birth to a Vamparan child, these children are considered true bloods by inherited right. This fact has allowed the royal line to continue; in addition the current royal line is directly descended from Rogar’s daughter.
Size and Type
The creature’s type changes to outsider. Do not recalculate base attack bonus, saves, or skill points. Size is unchanged.
Hit Dice
Increase all current and future Hit Dice to d12s.
Speed
Same as the base creature.
Armor Class
The base creature’s natural armor bonus improves by +6.
Attack
A vamparan retains all the attacks of the base creature and also gains a slam attack if it didn’t already have one. If the base creature can use weapons, the vamparan retains this ability. A creature with natural weapons retains those natural weapons. A vamparan fighting without weapons uses either its slam attack or its primary natural weapon (if it has any). A vamparan armed with a weapon uses its slam or a weapon, as it desires.
Full Attack
A vamparan fighting without weapons uses either its slam attack (see above) or its natural weapons (if it has any). If armed with a weapon, it usually uses the weapon as its primary attack along with a slam or other natural weapon as a natural secondary attack.
Damage
Vamparans have slam attacks. If the base creature does not have this attack form, use the appropriate damage value from the table below according to the vampire’s size. Creatures that have other kinds of natural weapons retain their old damage values or use the appropriate value from the table below, whichever is better.
Size Damage
Fine 1
Diminutive1d2
Tiny 1d3
Small 1d4
Medium 1d6
Large 1d8
Huge 2d6
Gargantuan 2d8
Colossal 4d6

Special Attacks
A vamparan retains all the special attacks of the base creature and gains those described below. Saves have a DC of 10 + ½ vamparans HD + vamparan Cha modifier unless noted otherwise.

Blood Drain (Ex)
A vamparan can suck blood from another living victim with its fangs by making a successfulgrapple check. If it pins the foe, it drains blood, dealing 1d4 points of Constitution drain each round the pin is maintained. On each such successful attack, the vamparan gains the same number of con points.

Children of the Night (Su)
Vamparans command the lesser creatures of the world and once per day can call forth 1d6+1 rat swarms, 1d4+1 bat swarms, or a pack of 3d6 wolves as a standard action. (If the base creature is not terrestrial, this power might summon other creatures of similar power.) These creatures arrive in 2d6 rounds and serve the vamparan for up to 1 hour.

Dominate (Su)
A vamparan can crush an opponent’s will just by looking onto his or her eyes. This is similar to agaze attack, except that the vamparan must use a standard action, and those merely looking at it are not affected. Anyone the vamparan targets must succeed on a Will save or fall instantly under the vamparan influence as though by a dominate person spell (caster level 12th). The ability has a range of 30 feet.

Create Spawn (Su)
A humanoid or monstrous humanoid who drinks the blood of a Vamparan and is killed within 24 hours of drinking the blood will rise a Vamparan Spawn. Vamparan Spawn are much like a True Vamparan with the following exceptions:

• Hit Die increase to d10 (NOT d12)
• Vamparan Spawn have no Alternate Form
• Vamparan Spawn are always bound to the person who spawned them. They cannot disobey the will of the one they serve.
• Vamparan only gain a +2 to Str, +2 to Dex and +2 to Con. They do not get the bonus’s listed below.
• Vamparan Spawn have no ability to Dominate another person.

Special Qualities
A vamparan retains all the special qualities of the base creature and gains those described below.
Alternate Form (Su)

A vamparan can assume the shape of a bat, dire bat, wolf, or dire wolf as a standard action. While in its alternate form, the vamparan loses its natural slam attack and dominate ability, but it gains the natural weapons and extraordinary special attacks of its new form. It can remain in that form until it assumes another or until the next sunrise. (If the base creature is not terrestrial, this power might allow other forms.)

Dark vision 120feet
Vamparans have exceptional eyesight at night and can see up to 120 feet in the dark.

Immortal (Su):
As long as the Vamparan continues to drink blood on the determined basis, he will not age past the age of about 25 in common human years. A Vamparan’s blood also contains magical

Fast Healing (Ex)
A vamparan heals 5 points of damage each round so long as it has at least 1 hit point.

Gaseous Form (Su)
As a standard action, a vamparan can assume gaseous form at will as the spell (caster level 5th), but it can remain gaseous indefinitely and has a fly speed of 20 feet with perfect maneuverability.

Resistances (Ex)
A vamparan has spell resistance 10 + the Vamparan’s Charisma Mod + the Vamparan’s total class level.

Spider Climb (Ex)
A vamparan can climb sheer surfaces as though with a spider climb spell.

Abilities
Increase from the base creature as follows: Str +6, Dex +4, Con +4, Int +2, Wis +2, Cha +6.

Skills
Vamparan’s have a +8 racial bonus on Bluff, Hide, Listen, Move Silently, Search, Sense Motive, and Spot checks. Otherwise same as the base creature.

Feats
Vamparans gain Alertness, Combat Reflexes, Dodge, Improved Initiative, and Lightning Reflexes.

Environment
Any, usually same as base creature.

Challenge Rating
Same as the base creature +2.

Treasure
Double standard

Alignment (usually Lawful Evil)
Varies

Advancement
By character class.

Level Adjustment
Same as the base creature +6

Vamparan Weaknesses:
Vamparans that do not continually feed on a regular basis will die. A Vamparan must feed at least once a day or loose 1d4 constitution points. When the Vamparan’s constitution points hit zero the creature dies and loses its magical ability. It will then instantly revert to their ancient form and become true vampires. A Vamparan that becomes a Vampire is considered an abomination and will be destroyed by the Vamparan community.

Vamparan Mating:
A Vamparan male will choose one mate (a woman) in its potentially long life span. This mate (also called its ‘Shar’en’) merges with its mate’s soul on a completely spiritual level. Binding with one another in a way that goes beyond what mere mortals can ever imagine. Thoughts, memories and emotions are merged as one in a way that makes their souls bind together as one. The two cannot be separated ever again, and are bonded telepathically across any distance (or plane). Although this bonding can be incredible, the biggest drawback can come when the two mates are separated for any length of time. The separation can result in unimaginable agony. Although males only choose one female mate, it does occur on occasion where females will chose both a male mate and a female mate, and on rare occasion only choose one female mate. The mating between two females is wholly different than that of a male and a female as it is more of a blending than a binding.
The separation:
Will save at the end of each hour DC 17 (Distance must exceed 1 mile)
Failed saves result in -2 to attacks, saves and skill checks every hour.
Five failed saves in a row result in complete incapacitation (a comatose state) until the two are reunited.
During the comatose state, the mate is rendered helpless and only feels complete loss and agony. No further saves are permitted. The effect is so horrible that few Vamparan’s even choose to mate in this manner anymore. In addition once a separation has occurred rarely ever do the two ever leave each other’s side ever again, the separation leaving such a horrible mental and emotional scar neither wish to repeat the event.

Vamparan Blood:
Vamparan blood contains immense magical properties. If a humanoid or monstrous humanoid drinks the blood of a Vamparan they will gain some of the vamparans supernatural abilities and qualities.To keep these abilities, the blood must be ingested every 24 hour. Although the experience of drinking a Vamparans blood is so intoxicating it is often done more frequently than that. The first few minutes after drinking a Vamparans blood also grants a +30 competence bonus (for the first 10 rounds after ingestion) to spot checks. The effect is so intense it heightens all senses in such a way its both addicting and erotic.  
•         Dark vision
•         Immortal
•         Fast Healing
•         Spell Resistance
•         +6 to Str
•         +4 to Dex
•         +4 to Con
•         +2 to Int
•         +2 to Wis
•         +2 to Cha

The biggest drawback comes when someone is killed with Vamparan Blood still in their system. Reducing a person’s HP to 0 while they have drunk Vamparan Blood within the past 24 hours will result in the person rising as a Vamparan Spawn Immediately.
Resting:

Vamaparans are still considered to be alive. As such they must sleep, eat, and rest all as normal living creatures do.

The Blood Rage:
This extremely rare condition only contained within the vamparan truebloods. The Blood rage is considered to be THE blessing of Rogar’s daughter. When a Vamparan is known to have the blood rage, they are worshipped and feared by those around them (Vamparan and Humaniod alike). A vamparan will enter a blood rage through any number of unique circumstances (unique triggers to that Vamparan) but when he does the Vamparan becomes unstoppable, gaining immense boosts. The Blood rage is always marked by the Vamparans eyes turning completely blood red. Little is known about the Blood rage, as to date no known cases have existed in thousands of years. Some consider it to be a mere legend.

Last edited by Valthronis on Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Valthronis
Admin
Valthronis

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: The Long Journey Home    Chapter 3: The Long Journey Home  EmptyTue Apr 22, 2014 6:07 pm

Magnus's Goddess has Changed to the Following; Please make note.

Syreth
Greater Deity (With Changes)
Symbol: (see complete warrior)
Home Plane: Elysium (The Shielded Lands; City of Verbonic)
Alignment: neutral good
Portfolio: Protection, Community.
Worshipers: Good Fighters and Rangers, as well as anyone dedicated to protecting others.
Clerical Alignments: NG, CG, LG
Domains: Good, Healing, Protection, Strength
Favored Weapon: Heavy Mace

The Deity of guardians, Syreth appears as a tall woman with long flowing platinum blonde hair. Her milky white soft skin glows with a holy radiance that is only amplified by the pure white gown that shows off her legs. Syreth is most often also seen adorned in wild flowers. Although she seems to be peaceful upon first glance, her wrath can be quick and mighty when any of her protected come to harm.

Dogma
Also known as the guardian, Syreth protects those in need. Her worshipers included good fighers and rangers, as well as anyone dedicated to guarding others. She grants her spells to her clerics at dusk; the better to protect the community through the long dark night.

Clery and Temples
Syreth is the Goddess of Protection. Originally A deeply devoted Cleric and worshipper of Heironius, she came into power when Heironious noticed her power and devotion. Taking her under his wing, Heironius raised her above all others, giving her a chance at becoming a demigod in service to him. Syreth excelled in this mission and eventually came into her own power as a greater diety. Syreth and Heironius remain close to this day.

The Church of Syreth maintains a tight bond with the church of Heironius, often allying themselves together for many things.

Syreth
Cleric 20 / Fighter 20
Divine Rank 17
Medium Size Outsider

Chapter 3: The Long Journey Home  Cas1000-sm
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: The Long Journey Home    Chapter 3: The Long Journey Home  Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1